Horsley Witten Group is looking for a Landscape Designer with 2-7 years of experience to provide design support for a wide variety of environmental, park, site development, and restoration projects. The position will primarily support our New England public and private sector clients. The office from which this position is based is not pre-determined and HW expects to accommodate a significant level of “at home” work until we return to more frequent office visits post-pandemic.
Job activities would include:
- Site design, grading and drainage, and planting plans from concept through construction
- Cost estimating
- Drafting support for production (AutoCAD) of design plans and construction details
- Graphic support including plans, sections, elevations, perspectives for the inclusion in reports, presentations, and outreach materials
- Developing hand-drawn concept plans and sketches to effectively convey design ideas
- Fieldwork including site assessments and construction oversight
- Coordination with sub consultants or allied professionals’ design staff (Architects, Landscape Architects, Planners, etc.)
The position requires strong experience in site design, grading and drainage, planting design, and construction details. Candidates must also be proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and the Adobe Suite software. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, enjoy working in a team environment, and be a good communicator. The candidate is not required to be a registered landscape architect but should be prepared to demonstrate they are working towards registration.